p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Mildly pissed but smiling

Wow, I must have been really pissed because I posted the last entry four times (since corrected). No, really, just another foul up by blogger. It kept telling me that it couldn’t find the server and in the past that meant “And by the way, we lost all your data for this entry.”

Big daddy must know I’m pretty upset because now every day I come home and he has done stuff around the house. He mowed the backyard, which really needed it, but he also cleaned up all the crap in the yard (literally and figuratively), moved the wood pile and even put the lawn mower away. Something he can’t usually seem to do until it has rained at least twice on it. (This explains some of why lawn mowers only last about 5 years at our house.) He moved all my plants out of the garage and hibernation and into the front yard. He vacuumed the house, cleaned the toilets and tub, and has the laundry under control.

He hasn’t done this much in a long time. I was expecting him to come home and sleep all day (which would really piss me off). I mentioned that I could pick up a couple gallons of paint and he could finish painting the outside of the house. (Its only about ½ done since last spring.) He just nodded his head.

He has not, however, looked for a job!

Or even mentioned looking for a job.

He has said he’s trying to pick up some extra hours at his part-time job. We’ll see… We don’t have any wiggle room in the budget and I’ve cut off our credit for at least the next 5 years until we are credit free. I like to think of it as temporary castration. Just as painful but not permanent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home