p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Father Time

Dear Father,
I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul. Please charge me interest.

My phone rang at 6 am this morning. There is apparently a cat shortage in Seattle, Washington and an Asian gentleman named Abraham could bring about world peace if only I could get him a kitten TODAY!

Well, who am I to deny the world peace. Despite his broken English and 50 cell phone calls, I managed to pull it off with the help of Big Princess. Oh sure, there were several micro crisis's but with world peace at stake (and me desperate to move some kittens) we came through with flying colors.

The time that was sucked up by this little side project today was robbed from my database time allotment. My database front end was split from the back end and all the forms and queries reworked. Today I should have been analysing the data for accuracy and testing since it has to go live at 8 am tomorrow for data entry. I did manage to steal some time to look it over briefly and direct some work to a co-worker (who will end up working all night).

This pushed my MS150 meeting with 70 team members into the lunch hour. Since I was presenting, I couldn't really sit there and eat while I talked so I skipped the consuming of calories (not all together a bad thing) and jumped right back into work. I fielded calls, sometimes 3 at a time, and tried to play catch up.

This worked until it was time to take world peace kitty to the airport. While it was 5 pm when I finished this humanitarian errand, I couldn't call it quits. I headed back to the office, dash off some emails, caught a few people that also couldn't escape at the 5 o'clock bell and then headed to the MS150 staging area to inventory the liquids (water, soda, Gatorade) and start stocking the coolers (all 15 of them) for Friday departure. At 6:45 pm I realize I really need to go home cause I'm running out of time to check homework, spend time with little princess, go through the mail, eat, shower, sleep and get up to do it all again.

On the way home I started making a mental "To Do" list:

  1. Call Sweet Woman that I was a bitch to because she was sucking up my time by wanting to tell me about some irrelevant article she saw in the newspaper. (Who reads newspapers anyways? I mean, really!)
  2. Call Gym Buddy and cancel for tonight (be sure to explain that you didn't really eat today so there's no point in exercising and the craziness of my life right now).
  3. Call Dear Friend who left you a message about having to leave town this afternoon due to a personal crisis (make sure she's ok and offer a prayer that everything gets better tomorrow).
  4. Return Best Friend's call from Saturday (explain that I'm really not sure what day she called or what day it actually is).
I can do all that while I eat. Wait if I eat while I shower and make these calls at the same time... I can get back 45 minutes of today.

Father,
What is the balance in my time account look like for tomorrow?
Just checking...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home