p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Dump

We are supposed to go to the hazzardous materials dump this morning. My husband has been saving used motor oil for the better part of a decade. Its only open on the first Saturday of the month. Well we make it? 50-50 shot at it. I've been trying for years to get him to do something about the jugs and jugs of oil in our garage. I may have to just do it my friggin self.

Why can't he just do it? Why can I sit thru hours of TV I hate just to be with him and yet the minute he doesn't want to see what I'm watching he takes off for other parts of the house. Ok, maybe I'm just in one of those moods where he can do no right.

No, its him.

We leave on a mini vacation to the coast next week. He has not given one thought to the planning. We're camping on the beach so gear out the ass. Who will feed the animals while we're gone? What will we eat?

I'd better stop now and go work on the lists...
one for tent gear,
two for food (only need 6 meals for 5 people),
three for toilets/1st aid,
four for cooking/eating supplies (plates, pots, hot pads, tinfoil),
five for fun stuff (tubes, buckets for sandcastles, beach ball, boogie board, sunglasses)

Lord, hear my prayer.
Help me to be pleasant as I gather my household and make it fit into a minivan.
Make me calm as I explain for the 20th time that Big princess has to go and may not stay home alone.
Let me laugh as I try to convice little princess that we're only going for 3 days and she does not need that many toys.
Don't let me snap at my husband as he locks the front door holding a pair of underware and a toothbrush in his hand and yells he's ready to go.
And Lord, if I'm not asking too much already, please help me to relax and enjoy what you have so graciously made for my enjoyment, heaven and earth. Amen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home