p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Job Reporting Blues

The company took over another company but it seems the other way around right now. My boss will be changing to a guy from the new company, out of Houston. (I’m not going anywhere.) My other boss is in a tizzy. They told us he is getting a promotion but he’s also getting a boss. Something he hasn’t had. My other, other boss is pissed about who it looks like she will report to.

I haven’t been here long enough to settle into any kind of routine so I’m pretty un-phased about all this, at least after they told me I still had a position here. It doesn’t much matter who I report to.

The new guys have been here from Houston all day. They seem pretty relaxed and casual. Not what I was expecting. They were casually dressed in jeans. We dressed up.

They seem unusually taken with me and the woman from regulatory. Then again, we are the only two women and we do have long blonde hair. I mentioned I’ve never been to Houston and they said I’d be there sooner than I thought. That’s odd. Then I got a hug from the new guy from Houston that will apparently be my new head boss. Even odder…

Two of the bosses from here will be in Houston tomorrow at their offices. They are all trying to hammer out policies and procedures as well as a game of musical chairs as they fight for position.

This certainly will never be a boring job…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home