p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Gazoontight

I’m cooking dinner and little princess comes in the kitchen and says “I think we have sneezing rats in the attic”.

Oh, what makes you say that?

“I can hear them.”

Oh, is that what the voices in your head say, that we have sneezing rats?

“Mommmm, Can I go in the attic and see?”

No dear.

“Why?”

Because we don’t have an attic and we certainly do not have sneezing rats. Beside even if we had an attic with sneezing rats, I wouldn’t let you go in it.

“Why not?”

Honey, that’s your Daddy’s job.

So I figure I’d better figure out what she’s talking about before she tells everyone from church to her school yard chums that we have sneezing rats at our place.

Little princess, tell me where you hear the sneezing rats. We go out to the front yard and she says “listen, very quietly”. (as opposed to listening loudly?)

What we have is a woodpecker that has hacked a hole in the front of our house and hatched a batch of noisy peeps.

Thank goodness its not sneezing rats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home