p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Reservation for flushing toilets please

Going camping this weekend with my Sunday School kids. I’m not much for camping (my idea of “roughing it” is Holiday Inn without a pool) but we kinda got this down to a science. We leave at noon Saturday and return Sunday afternoon. Twenty-four hours at a state park (which have flushing toilets or I wouldn’t consider going). Each adult (usually 1 adult per 5 kids) is responsible to making one meal. Adults all sleep in a pop-up (or I wouldn’t consider going) and the kids are in tents around us (girls on the left, boys on the right).

We have devised the 1 adult to 5 children rule after realizing you really don’t get to sleep that night. Every 1.5 hours someone will have to “go potty” which is usually a short hike thru darkened woods surrounded by creepy stuff. This requires an adult chaperone. Every 2 hours someone can’t sleep (because its too dark, too light, too quiet, too loud, too creepy, etc.) and wants to go home (remember, they are only 8-12 years old). Every three hours, someone is trying to sneak out of the tent to pull a prank on another tent full of children. Add to this mix the snoring of men from the pop-up, raccoons destroying our camp site and for some reason it always rains on these semi-annual trips. Go figure…

You wouldn’t think it but I’m actually looking forward to it (as long as there are flushing toilets).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home