p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Troubleshooter has good aim

Ha! There’s nothing like a TV news expose to get immediate change.

Have you ever been driving down the highway behind a gravel truck and had rocks showering your hood and windshield? There’s not much you can do, slow down? Change lanes?

I’ve had rocks bounce over the car directly behind the truck and hit my car. I’ve been hit from a different lane. My last new vehicle got two large chips in the windshield in the first month I had it. I resorted to driving side roads to avoid more damage.

There is a rock quarry pretty much covering the whole length of my commute with several entrances. So I’m dodging gravel trucks all the time. I knew there was a law in Virginia some 14 years ago that required trucks to have tarps covering their loads. This went into place after several people were severely injured by debris from uncovered loads. I’ve lived in Texas for the last 12 years and have never heard of Texas having this law, until yesterday.

Thank you Jaie Avila!

WOAI ran a Troubleshooter’s story on how you can get trucking companies to pay for your windshield even if they have a sign on the back of the truck stating they are not responsible. The story also mentions, IT’S THE LAW to have your load covered.

Today less than 12 hours after the story ran, I see all trucks on my stretch of road have tarps on them today. Let’s see how long this trend lasts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home