p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Don't You Dare

I went shopping yesterday. Kind of an extended lunch. Hey, I was left alone in my department all day, I had to find something to do. I bought a van full of stuff for the 7 under-privileged families I'm in charge of shopping for.

Adorable Christmas dresses complete with stockings and Mary Janes, a high chair, socks, underwear, jackets, shirts, sleepers, stuff with Dora the Explorer on it. I tried to fulfill atleast one wish for each person. I mean when the only thing a child is asking for is pajamas, you gotta make that wish come true in a big way.

So the van is full and it won't fit neatly into my house and I need to get it up to the church for wrapping this weekend so I don't want to be moving it in and out of storage. I'm a little worried about it sitting in the van for several days until I get up to the church.

So....

I placed a note on top of the shopping bags that reads:

If you break into my vehicle
AND
steal these gifts
for underprivileged kids,
GOD IS GONNA BE PISSED!

That's my insurance policy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour from Switzerland!

Hey Paula, I love your blog! I read through for a while and feel a little bit caught up! Awesome that you've been helping the Katrina families. We feel powerless to do anything here except donate (but we don't see the results...).

-Kathy

December 7, 2005 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger punkest gurl said...

teehee i wish i was there to see it....but then again i bet you woulda just made ME drive the stuff to church and unload it all by myself..so ill just sit here and be quiet

December 12, 2005 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home