p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, November 28, 2005

You Can't Plan Adventures

We left in the dead of night after picking up our Katrina travellers who quickly fell back to sleep. Big Princess drove first and after an hour said, "Look behind us." I turned around and looked out the back window...nothing, pitch black, no city lights in the distance, no headlights on the road, not a twinkle, not a star.

It was the same ahead. Our headlights reflected only feet in front of us. We were surrounded by inky blackness that gave us a shiver. We marvelled and wondered at how it related to the journey we had just begun. We knew no more than we would drive IH 10 straight thru all the way to New Orleans and would return no matter what in 48 hours. We had never been and didn't know what we would see or feel. It was to be an adventure and you can't plan adventures or they just become trips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home