p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, October 09, 2008

All I have left to look forward to...

Little princess and I went to a memorial service for an eldery man from church. We knew him but not long or well and that in its self made me sad. I think this is little princess' first funeral. She says no, but neither of us can remember of any other funerals she's been to. The service was short and somber. Oh, and I wouldn't have sat with her if I'd have known she was a crier... cause I'm a sympathy crier.


On the way home she asked if we could go out for ice cream. I think that will be our new thing that we do after funerals, go for ice cream. We talked about the service and I told her, "Everybody better be wearing pajamas at my funeral and I'd better be wearing some pink sexy pj's. I don't care if I'm a hundred and six. H O T S E X Y Pajamas. And I want some Posion or Red Hot Chili Peppers playing softly when people come in. I want some rocking hymns, the kind with clapping and people swaying to the beat. Tell funny stories, try to include atleast one naughty one. And I do want flowers."

What kind? little princess asked.

"Pink ones. Roses, carnations, lilacs, daisies, and tulips."

Is that all?

"No, I want pussy willows too."

But I don't even know what pussy willows are...

"Look, you have lots left to look forward to... your first apartment, your wedding, decorating your first house, the nursery for your first baby. All I've got left to look forward to is my funeral."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

How about looking forward to your 2nd and 3rd and 4th apartment, your 5th and 6th car, your 2trillionth, 49millionth, eighthundred-and-forty-thousandth second, your nth snowflake, etc etc etc?

Milestones are just what we make them.

Besides, they're just stones on the road, after all. (shrug)

November 7, 2008 at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home