p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, May 23, 2005

Calling all Super hero's...

Don't you hate it when you're the smartest anything?

You don't have anyone to help you when you get stuck. I'm the guru of Microsoft Word here. Even the IT department looks to me when someone has a Word problem.

You haven't heard from me for a week due to travel and the "BIG" project. I finished the "BIG" project at 2 pm Friday (it was due by 5 pm). It wouldn't email to my boss just 4 hours away. IT just laughed, you'll never get it sent, it's too big, just burn a cd and mail it, they all had worthless advice. I wanted it in my boss' hands prior to the 5 pm deadline.

I double zipped it (it can be done) and finally got that baby to fit thru the birth canal we call email at 3:30 pm. I started calling Houston, no answer, apparently they all come in at the butt crack of 5 am so they can leave at 3 pm. Not a single soul was left to tell me if my baby made it unscathed. I would have to wait for Monday.

I still felt tremendous relief that it was done and gone to its daddy. I wouldn't have to come in yet again this weekend. Over-time pay is sweet but it gets old working 11 hr days.

I arrive this morning to "your file will not print". What? I didn't think to try and print it. After all, its a first draft, we'll make 50 changes before it needs to be printed. All the footnotes and hyper-links work (I checked those).

I try from my end and in the words of Napoleon Dynamite, Heck No, it won't print. I try this and I try that, I search the internet for some other poor soul who has encountered this same problem and fixed it. Nothing.

When you're the expert, who do you call?

Super Heros, I can't print. Come quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home