p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Golf Tournaments in the country

My company puts on an annual golf tournament in honor of an employee that died. I guess he died five or so years ago since this was the 5th annual. He apparently was some high up guy and his family doesn't need the money. We actually raise the money to scholarships to TX A&M. This year brought in approx. $20,000.

The various chores involved in putting this event on are divided up amongst various people in the company. My boss was incharge of registration, keeping a list of everyone playing and paying. Trust me this is a big job as the actual income was $30,000+. I also know because in the middle of it she handed it off to me. I've never even played golf let alone put a tournament together. I was spending a couple hours a day on this thing. So even coming in on the tail end, I probably put in 20 hours.

There was some squabbles amongst women as they usually is when you have 3 women with control issues on one project. Most of it was talking smack about them behind their backs.

Well, I'd like to kick the person who decided to have this thing on a Monday with a tee time of 7 am. I have to drive an hour to get there and was supposed to be there by 6:30 am. I over-sleep about once every two years but wouldn't you know it, Monday was my day. I awoke at 5:15 am instead of 4:30 am. Talk about freaking out!

Thank goodness I had already packed the car and had my clothes laid out and I showered the night before. I had my pastor's middle daughter spend the night to do my hair. She can do the most beautiful french braids. And I wanted to look good, after all I would be meeting many company people for the first time. (First impressions are very important) She quickly did my hair and I arrived only 35 minutes late. Not too bad.

The morning was very chilly and caught us all off guard but the afternoon was perfect. I don't think there has been a more perfect day all year.

The first set of golfers came back around 12 as the next group was registering. It was crowded and I was trying to help everyone check in quickly. So I didn't recognize a couple of people, what can I say.

A. I'm bad with names
B. Some of these people I'd only met once
C. It's hard to recognize people in unfamiliar surroundings
D. These men had some of the SKINNIEST WHITEST LEGS I've ever seen. It was blinding!

I did manage to convince a couple of guys to buy my lunch and a beer. I promised I would recognize them after the bonding event of sharing beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home