p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's a Christmas Miracle

We are having the rare winter weather espisode for South Texas. Around noon the temperatures began falling and then by rush hour the rain came and met the freezing point around 7 pm. Roads were closed and children began to dream of the elusive "Snow Day".

Little princess kept running in and out of the house collecting things covered in ice, a raindeer Jack-in-the-Box antenna ball, a leaf, a rose petal, a rock, a stick. All of which were promptly put into the freezer for posterity and to show Big Daddy when he got up. "Mom come outside and look."

"Ah, no thanks. Its cold."
"I know but it so cool."
"No, its cold."
"Yeah, but its cool too."
"Well, its time for me to call DSL anyways."

I have been trying to get DSL up since Nov. 11th. Every day I call and spent atleast an hour on the phone with them. I did give them Thanksgiving Day off. About a week ago I added sending emails from my office to them. So they were hearing from me twice a day in one format or another. I'm pretty sure everyone in tech support from here to India has heard my name. They promise the same thing everyday, "It should be up by 5 pm tomorrow."

I wasn't all that encouraged since at the moment I don't have a solid green DSL light on the modem. But hey, its call DSL or go outside and look at stuff covered with ice. Atleast sitting on the phone with DSL will keep me warm.

Pam was super nice, compared to yesterday's Lisa who rudely slammed me on hold for daring to ask "What exactly is the problem?"

And lo and behold, its my Christmas Miracle!

The fourth light on the modem lights up solid green. I HAVE 4 GREEN LIGHTS ON MY MODEM!!! Thank the Lord! Because after 27 days I know God had to have a hand in getting that 4th light a solid green. Pam even stays on the line with me until I login and make sure I can connect to my work server.

Lord, please bless Pam during this Christmas season and grant the children of South Texas a Snow Day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home