p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, December 09, 2005

Thoughts of Christmas

I really don’t have anything to blog about but I want to try the blogger for word software.  This actually been one of my biggest wishes.  “Why can’t I do everything I can in Word? Why can’t it be that easy?”  

If it truly works, I’ll be so jazzed.

Anyways, just another Friday night.  Home with little princess, Big Daddy’s sleeping, and I’ve decided to try a couple hot toddy’s to beat back this latest cold.  I’d wrap presents but they’re all in the bedroom and I’d wake Big Daddy.  I told him last night I needed him to take little princess and go somewhere this weekend so I can get stuff wrapped before Big Princess comes home from college.  He said (in a dazed voice), “Take little princess?  Where?”  Out.  “Out where?” Out of the house so I can wrap presents.  Go shop for me or go to the movies.  “Oh”

The girls have become really bad at snooping for pre-wrapped gifts and “figuring out” what’s inside the wrapping based on what they asked for and the size and shape.  So I think it was 2 years ago I came up with the brilliant idea of numbering the gifts.

Now if I only numbered their gifts and used 1 for Big Princess and 2 for little princess they would quickly figure this out.  So in my brilliance I numbered everyone’s gifts and double digits were for Big Daddy (33, 88, 222), Big Princess was prime numbers and odds (7, 39, 43, 103) and little princess was evens (8, 42, 96).  I then came up with math problems related to their numbers (just for the girls).  Christmas morning they came out of their room with calculators in hand.  I handed them their lists of math problems and actually was left in peace to make the traditional Christmas morning hot chocolate without them begging me to hurry and to let them start opening gifts before I was in the room.  

It was fabulous because even it they could decipher what one gift was, that number didn’t give away what other gifts were theirs.  And nobody wants the other person shaking their gifts, so no one messed with the gifts under the tree.  Victory is sweet.

I’d tell you what they’re getting this year but Big Princess reads my blog and leaves obnoxious messages.

Maybe this year I’ll letter the gifts and create a crossword puzzle….yeah.

3 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

you are truly a genius.
I am in awe.

December 11, 2005 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger punkest gurl said...

i swear if i have to do a crossword puzzle i will certainly cry..you don't wanna see a grown woman cry now do ya?

December 12, 2005 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Wow cool! What a neat way to start off your Christmas morning! Problem-solve your way into your gift! Engineers appreciate these sorts of customs. ;P You sound like a really cool mom. :D

December 14, 2005 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home