p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ever feel disconnected?

I haven't had much time for my relationships outside of my family in some time. I miss talking about stuff other than work and kids and schedules. I miss knowing what's going on in their lives, what's important, what's on their minds.

There's plenty of excuses on both sides but in the end its neglect. Oh, sure, there's the occassional phone call or the chance sighting at the Wal-mart. But that's not real enough for me right now.

What do you do when something's off kilter in your life? Talk about it, whine, write in your blog? If you want to fix something, anything, it takes action.

I tracked down an old friend I haven't seen or talked to in probably a year, maybe longer. We used to have such great life conversations. We shared our dreams and fears. I can't believe I let it go so long. But I was determined and didn't stop after the first two disconnected numbers. I played detective and it paid off. The joy in her voice, the laughter was worth my effort.

I took a friend from work to lunch today. We haven't done lunch together since before Thanksgiving. We talked so much that I can't remember if the food was good or not.

Tonight I called my oldest and dearest friend. We do quick phone check in's and emails but we haven't sat down together in way too long. I told her I bought a bottle of wine with her name on it and I was available at her earliest convenience.

I hope my friends have really missed me... cause here I come. Dust off your hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home