p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Everybody Salsa

I'm just relaxing with a White Russian and some homemade salsa. Everybody should do the same.

10 roma tomatoes
1 medium onion
2-3 fresh jalapenos (none of the canned crap)
1/2 to 1 green or red pepper (depending on size)
Salt (I prefer sea salt)
1 tbls fresh garlic (about 1 lg clove)
2 tbls vinegar
2 hand fulls of cliantro (Mexican parsley)

Cut about 8 of the tomatoes and all the onion into large chunks, deseed 2 of the jalapenos for a medium salsa, leave 'em in for more heat, seed the green pepper and cut into large chunks. Put all this and the salt, garlic and vinegar into the blender and mash down so its packed. Blend on medium for 10-20 seconds until pureed.

Taste and adjust the heat. To hot--add more tomatoes. To mild--throw in that last jalapeno.

When the flavor is right add the cliantro and pulse the blender for 2-5 seconds. You want to see the cliantro pieces.

It will be kind of frothy but will settle down in minutes. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Serves one medium gathering of friends.

Now everybody Salsa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home