p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, June 22, 2006

2nd Career Choice

Well, Big Princess and I are back from Houston, tired and sore.

Monday I was so freaked out. Employees didn't come to work due to the flooding and I was getting emails & calls about "are we canceling the trip?" “Hello? Does the phrase non-refundable mean anything to you?

We got to Houston fine, got the supplies bought (beer, water, soda, snacks), went to dinner with co-workers and spent the evening chatting. Got 2.5 hrs of sleep and loaded the bus by 6:30 am. One guy held the bus up 30 min. because he over slept.

Big Princess stayed in Houston and hung out with her college roommate who lives just outside the city. They checked out some museums and did lunch. She had fun and made out well since my co-workers took us to Saltgrass Steak House and bought her dinner the night before.

I, however, got on a 55 passenger bus at 6 am with 30 employees from the Houston corp. office for a 13 hr bus ride to the field. The tour of the 42" pipeline went really well. The bus driver got lost twice and made 4 u-turns on the highway. We ran late out in the field and didn't get lunch until 3 pm. I got a major freaking blister because the project manager made us walk 2 miles up and down sandy hills. Got sunburned. Discovered that one really needs a support bra for these buses as the hopping left me a little sore. Fell on the bus while standing in the isle when the bus driver made a sharp left.

Arrived Houston at 7:30 pm and had to unload 10 coolers and 30 hardhats and other gear, then sit on the sidewalk and wait for Big Princess to pick us up. I was nasty and couldn't bear to drive home 3 hrs in my condition. I went to a co-workers hotel room and showered before leaving. We finally arrived home at 1 am only to get up the next day and be at work by 8 am.

I am getting a lot of positive responses from those that went and top management is impressed. I could have a future as a party planner. I have at least 2, possibly 3, more of these trips to plan for the CEO.

I might, no, I definitely will hate buses by the time this is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home