p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Road Trip Stories

My driving arm is wicked tan compared to the rest of me, 800+ miles in 3 days. Hard hats were not designed to be kind to girl's hair in hot weather but my new boots were broke-in enough to not kill my feet. I listened to every cd I own until I was sick of them. The cell phone reception sucked and I dropped more calls than I took and that was when I could even get enough bars to dial the phone. Small towns have an abundance of cops. I saw more cops in 3 days than I've seen in San Antonio in 6 months.
You should have seen the contractors freaking out. They first see the Company safety guy, which causes scrambling for hard hats and safety goggles. But then, what the heck, it’s a chick with him, looks like a company person, wearing the company logo hard hat and what the heck, she's taking pictures and conferring with the safety guy.

I loved watching them react to me.

Best road sign: county road in the middle of no-where.

"Slower Traffic Stay Right"

Shit, there's only one lane, I hope everybody stays to the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home