p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm so excited I could pee myself

I realize no one else will be as excited as I am by the news but I'm doing a little dance, I'm so over joyed.

Last week I was chatting with the CEO of my company and mentioned that I'd just returned from the field and I had pictures of the 42" project I was putting into a presention because everyone wanted to see the project. Then the CEO said I did such a great job of putting the Management Conference together 2 months ago that he'd like me to put together a corporate tour to the 42" pipeline we're laying in northern Texas. For the record, it will be the largest natural gas pipeline in Texas. Come on... that's exciting in its self. Dance with me people.
So I meet with him today to give him some estimates and he love's what I'm showing him. He says, "I want you to do 4 tours, 2 out of the San Antonio office and 2 from the Houston office." That's 120 people for me to get from San Antonio to approximately the wilderness of nothern Texas and another 120 from Houston to northern Texas. Oh, there's hard hats and safety glasses to purchase and tour buses to charter, lunches to work out, invitations to send. I'm in Heaven!

2 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

I'm dancing with you.

June 2, 2006 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger The Teller said...

Yeah, now that I'm hip deep in it, I'm a little scared. The bus company didn't return my call today. The company guy that will be able to tell me where to go to find the construction didn't return my call. I finally got approval to send the Houston invitation at 5 pm. Exactly 2 weeks until the Houston tour departure.

It's more of a nervous jig about now. (Looks similar to the pee pee dance.)

June 5, 2006 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home