p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Crash #4

I feel like a teenager with a brand new license, I've crashed so many times. I've been on the job four months and today I crashed hard drive number four. Well, it has been 30 days since my last crash. My boss asks how do I do it. I told him I work so hard that the machines can't keep up.

It started off so simple this morning. "Hey, can you run a copy of the O&M manual off this cd." Sure, I'll have it done in a jiffy. That was 5 hours ago and still no O&M manual. Machines are making me look bad! I have the bad habit of trying to use my computer to its full potential. The IT guy said "What are you doing with all these windows open at the same time?" Ahhh, working? I've asked my computer to remember stuff so I don't have to and it let me down. I had to actually run a search engine to find my blog! I couldn't remember the address!

I'm like a duck out of water. Whatever that means. I don't know how to work without my computer. But I'm pretty sure ducks can still be ducks when they are out of the water. So far I've paid my bills, atleast those that I had money for, I ran to the bank, picked up sterno for the camping trip, ate lunch, chatted with co-workers, phoned a friend, wrote the grandparents a thank you note for my birthday check. It took me a while to A. find a computer elsewhere that they would let me touch (I've got a reputation in the IT dept.) B. convince IT to let me log on, C. remember/find my blog address.

Hey, you've got a computer and logged on, why don't you work? It's like this, all my stuff is in my office 1/2 way around the building and I can't get to any of the programs that were unique to my machine. At least I now look busy. I'd kill to check my email. Hey, I think I can log on to outlook remotely. Gotta go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home