p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Mother From Hell

I can't believe I was looking forward to seeing my mother. Yeah, I knew I'd have to put up with her alcoholic good for nothing husband but I was still looking forward to it.

But every time I talk to her I get more pissed off. Some things never change, my mother is one of them.

She asked that my husband and I not offer them alcohol because they had both stopped drinking. Well, I've heard this one about 10 times. He stopped after each of the 3 or 4 DUI's, after the conviction for attempted murder, after he was diagnoised with diabetes, etc. My brother told me he got busted again around Christmas right in front of his subdivision and lost his license for 90 days and that's what's behind this latest round of non drinking.

I was like, Hello? Mother? You know we don't drink. We don't keep beer in the fridge, I have a bottle of kaluah I've had for years under the sink. But we maybe have drinks out with friends twice a year. And the party is at our Church, we weren't even thinking of serving alcohol.

Her latest, she hopes I don't have too much scheduled because they want to go to Sea World. They can't come earlier because they have to attend someone else's graduation. I kinda thought she was gonna take the girls but no. I told her graduation doesn't start until 7:30 pm but Big Princess had to attend rehersal that afternoon. "Well, it's not like I have to go to that," she said. Instantly telling me she wasn't taking her granddaughters.

Big princess has her heart set on a family dinner at a restaurant she has always wanted to eat at, The Boiling Pot. Its a fondue restaurant so it ought to be fun. I already know its expensive. The only time we can pull this off would be Sat. evening. I asked my mother what time they expected to arrive. "Well, there's just no way to know," then she proceeded to tell me how expensive that would be. I told don't worry we're buying.

And hey, Big Princess only graduates high school once. We've had to deny her a letter jacket, a class ring, and many other things due to lack of funds. I don't want her to remember her graduation with a family dinner at McDonald's.

If my mother doesn't get with it, she will push all four of us farther away than we already are (if you think a 20 hr drive is far).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home