p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Story from the weekend

Funny thing happened at the gym.

We're on the tread mills and we both agree that we are really liking the 80's music that is playing overhead today. Sure beats the techno crap we normally have to workout to on the weekends. Then we see this guy, he's like 55+ yrs old, wearing David Lee Roth spandex wide striped shorts and a wife beater t-shirt. We laugh and try not to point at the sock in his crotch.

Well, like 30 minutes later we're doing leg presses and I see this woman, she's got to be 50 yrs old, wearing a complete Jane Fonda jazzercise ensemble, complete with sweatband over her hair (like you'd wear a sun visor). I almost fall off the equipment laughing as I tell Big Daddy that I've found the David Lee Roth guy's wife.

I cannot believe they are both working out with a straight face. Which means they have no clue that they are dressed like dorks, old 80's lovin dorks.

Then I stop laughing and turn to Big Daddy. "What if its some kind of 80's themed day and we're the ones not dressed appropriately?" For a brief moment I wonder if I didn't get the memo. I look around, nope, its them.




Bonus footage:
1. The woman wearing her actual bra (not a sports bra either) to work out in.
2. The woman wearing the leather weight lifting belt at an acessory with her leopard print workout outfit.

3 Comments:

Blogger punkest gurl said...

one word "heckyeah"...uhm.. i made it one word....so did they have any side ponytail rockers??? i told you i was bringing it back ...hahahah

p.s. i love you
p.s.s. thanks for the vomit

September 27, 2005 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger rod said...

Oh my gosh, both those people also work out at our gym. The David Lee Roth guy also wears a bandana when he's here, but its the same ol' striped spandex. The lady is actually about 62, but evidently, she didn't bloom until she was 57, because her chest is only 5 years old. Aftermarket, I guess.
Now you know why they play Duran Duran, and Mister Mister, Go gos, and Oingo Boingo, and Madonna Madonna in there all the time.

September 28, 2005 at 5:41 AM  
Blogger punkest gurl said...

hmmmm guess what i finally pooped at school:)

October 3, 2005 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home