p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Don't be a Costanza

We were headed to a baptism when little princess says to me, "Remember when I was baptitized (her word-not mine) two years ago?"

Sure honey, it was special.

"Well, I don't think I was ready. I... I don't think it took."

I don't even have to give this much thought. I already know her angle. She wants another (baptismal) party where she is the guest of honor, not an invitee. Spotlight on little princess who hopes to some day be a super model /slash/ missionary. Its easy, she wants people to see her in a good light both on the runway and in a third world country.

Later at the baptism I was relating this story to another Sunday School teacher. He said its not all that uncommon and Baptists even have a name for it.

What? Double Dipping?

Seinfeld flash back:
[George, attending a wake, takes a large tortilla chip, dips it into a bowl of what appears to be sour cream, takes a bite, dips it into the bowl again, and then eats the remainder of the chip.]
Timmy: What are you doing?
George Costanza: What?
Timmy: Did, did you just double dip that chip?
George Costanza: Excuse me?
Timmy: You double dipped a chip!
George Costanza: Double dipped? What, what, what are you talking about?
Timmy: You dipped a chip. You took a bite. And you dipped again.
George Costanza: So?
Timmy: That's like putting your whole mouth right in the dip. From now on, when you take a chip, just take one dip and end it.
George Costanza: Well, I'm sorry, Timmy, but I don't dip that way.
Timmy: Oh, you don't, huh?
George Costanza: You dip the way you want to dip. I'll dip the way I want to dip.
[George grabs another chip, dips it, takes a bite and begins to reach for the dip as Timmy grabs his hand.]
Timmy: Gimme the chip!
[An all-out brawl breaks out between George and Timmy.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home