p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Life's not fair

Do you know what fair is?

It's kinda like the circus but with a ferris wheel and it comes to town once a year... And this ain't it.

Little princess says the teachers are always telling them at school to play fair.

I've probably heard "but that's not fair" 351,991 times since I became a mother. This does not include all the time I or my siblings used this phrase.

I've spent a lot of time and energy trying to explain to the princesses that life isn't about fair. In fact, life isn't fair.

Life is about doing the right thing.
(whether its fair or not)

3 Comments:

Blogger shockcat said...

I would rather read all of your posts, including the archives and leave comments, but I have to work instead, and that's not fair. But, as you say, it's the right thing to do. They are in fact paying me to do something.

September 23, 2005 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Hmmm...do the right thing vs the thing that is fair?

Interesting philosophical question...if one takes "fair" to mean the same thing as "just".

Then the "just" thing just becomes the "right" thing.

Wait, I'm getting all confused now.

Nevermind.

September 23, 2005 at 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The schools define "fair" as divided equally whether one wants it or not and in spite of deserving it or not.

Sometimes people get hurt when we do the "right" thing.

It seems like they should be the same thing but not always.

September 26, 2005 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home