p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Now where did that roll come from?

The dog watched me carefully this morning as I rummaged in the garage for the ferret carrier (different from the cat carrier). I made a trip out to the minivan to take my daytimer, purse, bottle of water, gym bag and then went back inside to load the ferrets for a trip to the vet. I come out and Davie is in the 3rd back seat hunkered down like I can't see him (he weighs 85 lbs). He must think he is very clever as he usually sits up front as co-pilot.

Let me just say that Davie gets to go one of two places, out for ice cream or to the vet and he's always the optimist. Secondly, he gets jealous, like an ignored husband who’s wife likes to flirt. He’s been known to snap at any pet he deems to be getting too much affection from me.

I call him to get out. He flattens out a little more. I yell at him to get out. He closes his eyes and pretends he's invisible. I go back inside and come back with a dinner roll. “Come on Davie, here boy, come!” No dice, he's not moving. I move closer and think "if I let him have a small bite, then he'll come out to get the rest". He sniffs it, licks it, but won't take a bite. I throw the roll into the middle of the front yard and ponder my next move.

I get my keys and drive him around the block. We pull back into the drive way, I open the side door and out he pops like he's happy to be home. He makes a move for the roll on the way inside. I drop kick the roll into the neighbor's yard.

Now who actually won this battle, me or Davie?

1 Comments:

Blogger shockcat said...

I'm leaning towards, and I hate to say it, Davie. Do you hate me?

November 1, 2005 at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home