p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rated R-Don't make me say it again

I like sex.

Now why aren’t women supposed to say that? Men can say it anywhere anytime but women should only say that in Cosmo or Playboy. I can’t believe I’m the only women that likes sex. I’m probably one of the few willing to say it in polite company.

As a teenager I was afraid I might die a virgin. I’m betting that’s a reoccurring theme of adolescence. Sure I wanted love and to be loved but then there was the sex (and it was good). I probably didn’t spend as much time as men thinking about sex but I was thinking about it often. Not to the degree of freaks on Jerry Springer mind you.

As I’ve aged (gracefully) I still like sex (ha, I said it again). But there always seems to be some part of the life cycle interfering with sex. As a teen my virginity was in the way. After that, the inability to get it when you wanted and by whom you wanted it with balanced against your reputation and keeping safe from disease. Ahhh, marriage would surely change that. When you’re married you can have sex all the time, right? I never dreamed I or my husband would be too tired for sex or too busy for sex. Raising babies and climbing the corporate ladder will take it out of you.

Then comes the apathy. I call this the “Sure we like sex but” part of life. I mentioned my wedding anniversary (a sure bet in a guy’s mind) and what about the other 364 days of the year. My husband didn’t even woo me on a sure bet night.

Why do we feel we can stop trying? This is the beginning of the death of a marriage. But it’s the easiest to correct and the quickest. Don’t wait for a holiday to woo your partner or you may be too late.

2 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

but you forgot to say whether the rating was for violence, sexual situations, or adult content. I don't think your rating thingy worked very well. We all read on anyway.
I like it too. And (gasp) I'm 41. But I'm male, so I guess that doesn't count for much.

October 15, 2005 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger The Teller said...

Rod, that goes back to "men can say it anytime, anywhere, but women can only say it in Cosmo or Playboy." Of course you like, God made it pleasureable. For those of you who don't like it... You're doing it wrong.

October 18, 2005 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home