p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Thought I was late but I'm right on time

My To Do List is steadily shrinking. But I have momentary pangs of "Oh my God, did we buy a gift for so-and-so". I told Big Daddy that we still needed to get something for his grandparents and he actually said after 18 years together, "Do we get them something every year?"

So I'm almost done with the 8 families we've adopted. Don't go thinking I'm a saint. I get sponsors to pay for it. I just shop, wrap and deliver. By tonight all gifts should be wrapped and ready to go. I still need to buy grocery gift cards and this year I thought it would be cool to buy each family a disposable camera and take the first picture of us delivering their gifts and then give them the camera to finish off Christmas day. They could even use their grocery gift card to pay for the developing of the film. I'm thinking we take for granted the ability to preserve our memories on film and if you can't buy gifts for your kids, you probably don't have many pictures of them either.

I thought this weekend that I was behind schedule and by doing so-created my own little pool of stress to swim in. But Angels were sent in the form of co-workers and church friends wanting to help and Big Princess coming home from college. And now, I'm right on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home