p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Gilligan's Island

Skipper and Gilligan on the bunkbed ladder.

Gilligan is a little green chatterbox and Skipper is a big blue guy. They would probably starve on a deserted island because I can't get them to eat anything but seed. I've tried greens, grasses, dried and fresh fruits and veggies but they won't touch them.

It took me about 6 weeks to finger train them but here lately I haven't worked with them every day and they've become shy. I clipped their wings when I first got them and then let them grow out. Bad idea. They flew laps around the room and wouldn't let us catch them. It took little princess and I like 30 minutes of chasing them around the room before we finally herded them back into their cage. And with 5 cats, its kind of important to get them back safe and sound in their cage. Out came the clippers and now they can only fly one lap around the room.

I love listening to the birdy-boys sing. Apparently I'm the only one. Big Daddy thinks if he covers the cage they'll stop. Not true. Sometimes they get louder when he does this. I also like sneaking in and watching them play with all the toys I've bought them. For some reason they won't play with the toys in front of me. Go figure.

Gilligan is this beautiful bright green color with a tropical blue tail. When he sits on my finger I can feel his body heat thru his tiny feet. Odd, I always imagined birds feet to be cold, but no, they're actually warm and soft. I love the way he cocks his head to get a look at me. It makes him look like he's interested in the babble coming out of my mouth. We both know better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home