p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, March 17, 2006

Scared the puke out of her

I took off work today to do something with the princesses on the last official day of Spring Break. We very carefully weighed the options. Its not easy to get 3 girls to agree. Its gotta be cool enough for Big Princess to go, fun enough to get little princess' yes, and inexpensive enough for my budget.

We finally agreed to Ripley's haunted house downtown. We've never been, its pretty scary and we had a buy one, get one free coupon. Win, win, win.

We slept in, casually got ready, everyone ate and we left the house around 11:30 am. No sooner than we get in line for tickets, little princess has to pee. "Can't you hold it? We should be done in less than one hour." No she can't, so we leave the line and head down the block to the visitors center. Back to the ticket booth and then stand in line about 20 minutes before we board the freaky cart to the second floor. From there its a walking tour.

I thought it was a pretty good haunted house but you were supposed to keep one hand on the shoulder in front of you at all times. We were the last three in the group and the person in front must have been running because it was all I could do to keep up and see anything. There were about 4 boys between 7-10 yrs old with their dad and they were really scared, actually crying.

Little princess was scared but not panicking. I'd let my hands slide off her shoulder and she'd scream. Towards the end there was a room that appeared to have just a single wooden plank you had to walk across an open space. I panicked and didn't think I could do it. (fear of heights) Everyone left (I was the last person) and I had to run to catch up after I worked up the nerve to cross. I was actually behind one of the actors that was chasing the group at this point. I could hear my girls screaming for everyone to stop that they had lost me. Then we get to the last room and you have to walk across a narror bridge and the entire room is spinning and throwing off your equaliberim. I come across and little princess is bent over saying she's going to puke.

Well...she says this quite a bit for dramatic effect so I didn't really think she would. Suddenly, she's projectile vomitting in the haunted house. We tried to tell the actor but I don't know if he believed us because he stepped right in it. We felt bad for the groups behind us in the house.

Don't worry, she's fine. The excitement and the spinning room just caused her to toss the egg salad she had for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home