p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, March 10, 2006

Blindsided

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but one day I realized I wasn't going to be famous. I wasn't going to be a movie star, sing lead for a rock band, or be the girl that rides on the back of horses at the circus, or any of those things that kids dream about. It was pretty harsh to come to grips with the fact that I'm past the window of opportunity for those things. I'm probably not going to be rich or a rocket scientist either.

I didn’t plan to join the Army, get married, or work in the natural gas industry. I just let life happen to me. This is not a path I would recommend if you want to achieve any of those childhood dreams or run for president. And I’m sure those that know me find this terribley ironic since I’m such an annal planner with my lists and check lists. I put twice the planning into a long weekend get-away than I ever did my life. That makes me sad.

Don’t get me wrong, I'm not unhappy with where my life has taken me, it’s just kind of hard to believe that some things are not possible in my life anymore. The weird thing is, I don't really care. I’m not mourning my “what could have beens”. I've got a new set of goals that I would have never thought of in my youth:

Walking with God,
Keeping love in my marriage,
Guiding my daughters on paths of wisdom,
Doing the small things in life that matter the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home