p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, March 06, 2006

Thanks for forgiving me

I just had a fabulous meal with my pastor's family, sans pastor. It was a little odd to have him missing since he did invite me but the real purpose of the meal was for 1st sister to learn to think in terms of vegetarian meal. She gave up meat last year for Lent and then never really went back. Her family still eats meat so she's been left to snack on side dishes and eat power bars. Its not their fault, they still hope she'll come back to the land of meat but instead she's gathering converts in the form of a family friend and middle sister.

Big Princess and I teased her unmercifully in the beginning and she's really not gotten much help in getting it right. I've been studying up on it lately and I can't believe all the meat stuff in things you'd never dream of...like fast food french fries are seasoned with beef, gummy bears are out for the most part and jello is a beef by-product. Who knew?

Well I felt bad because I had been so hard on her, so I want to make amends. I've taken her shopping at the health food store and try to bring something she can eat to church get togethers. And I think her family sees the light with me because they are going to try going "veg" one night a week together as a family.

That's what tonight was about.

She, her boyfriend and her mom made a fabulous dinner of garlic lemon spinach salad, spicy wagon wheel pasta and stir-fried green beans. I brought the dessert. We were all amazed that the little kids didn't make a fuss or complain. They just gently moved the food about and ate all the bread on the table.

I really didn't mean to be mean back in the beginning but we all thought it was just a phase and maybe it still is. A really long phase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home