p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, April 03, 2006

The Play List

I’ve never owned a stereo…ever. I never collected music as a teen. The radio has always been just fine for me. The only time in my life I’ve ever wanted more than the radio is when I have to drive from Waco to Dallas. One hour of radio hell. The only channels are Tejano and Country (both cause my brain to bleed and dribble out my ears). I can listen to and even enjoy every other kind of music.

So when music started coming out on cd I didn’t rush to buy it. After all I didn’t even have a walkman. Since I didn’t own any cds there wasn’t much of a reason for me to shell out the extra money to have a cd player in my vehicles.

[Side note: I once asked Big Princess to cook me a cd. She just looked at me blankly and said “You want me to what?” You know, bake me a copy of this onto a cd. She then busted up laughing, “you mean ‘burn’ it to a cd?” Hey, I don’t burn anything. I’m a good cook, except for bread. Ok, now I’m just rambling…]

My current vehicle had a cd player as standard equipment. So I thought “why not” and bought a couple of cds. This lead me to longings of music from my past. So I bought more cds, cds compiling the best from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s 80’s and right up to today. (my favorites are 50’s and 80’s)

As a result I have turned my kids--and by “my kids” I mean any person that has to spend time in my minivan--onto my favorite oldies. Its hard to imagine 13-19 yr old girls getting down to music of the 60's but its true. We're camping at a state park last week and driving down to the lake blaring Leader of the Pack. Vroom Vroom And they are singing it word for word at the top of their lungs.

Possibly as early as tomorrow, they'll get their first listen to the complete works of the Partridge Family. I'm waiting for it to arrive by mail. They are gonna love it, especially after I explain how hot David Cassidy is/was.

Come on, “I Think I Love You”, “Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque”, “I Can Feel Your Heartbeat” you know you want to sing along at the top of your voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home