p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Snippets of LIfe

There hasn't been much of anything going on in my life, no funny stories, no weird people, no trips, nothing. Just work and come home.

I have been filled in on office gossip and if it is to be believed, apparently there's a lot of people sleeping with other people. Some of it is definitely true since the wife showed up at the office looking for "that little slut that's sleeping with my husband." The rest of the stories seem likely given what I observe of their behavior. I can't imagine what these people are thinking. There's no way any of it could turn out well. It doesn't even appear that they are sleeping with co-workers to climb the social ladder.

In other news, I have absolutely no plans for the 4th of July or its preceding weekend. I hate crowds so we won't go anywhere there might be tourists to include malls, lakes, amusement parks, the river, campgrounds, firework displays, etc. My boss wanted to know if I was taking Monday off. While a 4 day weekend sounds fabulous, without any plans and all that together family time, someone might not live. So I'll probably be one of the 10% that show up to work on Monday. Hey its not like I'll be doing any real work.

I'm planning to settle into Summer now. This means hibernating from the 100 degree heat. I'm trying to avoid any trips to the field at work and spending my off time laying around my air conditioned house until the temperature is routinely below 85 degrees. Then I can come back outside! Although I did just today promise to take a day off work and take the princesses to the coast. Why, oh why did I say yes? I much perfer to go to the coast in October when the tourists and the heat have both left the region.

Maybe they won't remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home