p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, January 15, 2007

Adventures That Cost Less Than $20 (al fin)

So we've figured out we're on the wrong bus. Now what?

Me: "Excuse me, but how far down this road do you go?"
Bus Driver: "All the way til it ends, then I go right."

A quick conference with the girls and we decide to get out where the road ends before we get any farther from home. Little princess has a babysitting job as soon as we can get home and as luck would have it, her job would only be blocks from where we will end up. I suggest that we call her babysitting job for a ride so we don't have to confess to Big Daddy that we aren't where we're supposed to be.




So the adventure ends with us getting a ride back to our car (what? you don't think we walked to the bus stop, do you?) from little princess' babysitting job. Close, so close to making it all the way. Oh well, maybe during Spring Break we can try again.
The End
ps. I later learned that rule #1 of bus riding is to keep your head down or look straight ahead and speak to no one unless you already knew them before you got on the bus. Yeah, I broke that rule a lot.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

yay for inexpensive adventures!
So, now I think we'll try that one. I have before in foreign countries where it doesn't matter if you get lost, because you don't know where you are in the first place.
Is the smell the same in the U.S.?

January 15, 2007 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home