p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sometimes I Feel Special

Co-workers tend to get a little sentimental this time of year. Like today's mass emailing to "alldistro":
With the approach of this Season, I reflect on the blessings that I have.
One of the most wonderful of these blessings is your friendship.
I wish you and your family the most wonderful Christmas and may the New Year bring you happiness, peace, and prosperity.
May God Bless You


or how 'bout this one:
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Shortcut to:
http://badaboo.free/merryxmas.swf
Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

Ok, this one came right after they found out I'm the new editor of the company newsletter but it did make me feel good:
Hey on a different note: I do want to wish you and your Family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! You are a terrific person that I truly love working with! (and I'm not sucking up....I really mean it)!

All these warm fuzzy emails made me feel, well... not so warm and fuzzy. I realize it might take a bit of time to call, oh, say, 500 employees and tell them how much their friendship means to you during the holidays (screw the rest of the year). And I realize you might feel a wee bit embarassed to say the mushy words outloud. But how can I take any of you seriously if you email me and 499 other coworkers your holiday sentiments using language that hasn't been spoken outloud since Shakespeare.

I handled my "coworker holiday gratitude" a little differently. I wrapped tiny little ICE BREAKERS LIQUID ICE mints and put a teeny tiny bow on each of them and handed them to just the people who made my work exsistance a little pleasanter with the following note:
Before you get the wrong idea about my gift, let me just tell you that its not bad.
All I’m saying is “You’re a breath of fresh air.” Merry Christmas


In other news:
I've just been named Time Magazine's Person of the Year.











Wait...so were you. Now we're all special.

1 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

yes, we are all special.
And I might had your extra specialness - you're a breath of fresh air.
i mean it.

December 21, 2006 at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home