p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Where the heck have I been?

Vacations are great. At least the idea of a vacation is great. I had dealt well with the stress of trying to pack everything we own into a minivan, making sure everyone was happy with what we were taking. The beach was good. Camping was ok. We aren't very good at making food but I brought enough junk food and no one starved or complained. Who doesn't want oreo cookies instead of chicken and rice?

The worst of it: no place to get out of the sun for 3 days. It was too hot to hang out in the tent mid-day and no shade anywhere. Big princess and I are royally burnt. No bras for several days and we just keep lathering on the aloe vera. We are currently at the peeling stage. And yes, we did wear sunscreen, often and thick. But alas, we are very pale to start with.

The very worst of it: having to unpack everything and put it a way and bringing back way more sand than allowed. It's been 3 days and I've cleaned and put everything a way except the tent. It still needs to be set up and cleaned and packed a way neatly. Argh!

Watching the sun rise over the ocean... Priceless
Being greeted by cranes and pelicans at dawn, finding sand dollars, chasing crabs on the beach, burying Big princess in the sand.... Priceless
Seeing the sun set over the dunes... Priceless
Having littlest princess point out that serving beans to everyone sleeping in the same tent was not a good idea... Priceless!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home