p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, November 12, 2004

Cloning Project success

Big princess is so like me that at times I'm frightened for her. Without knowing, she makes many of the same choices I did in my youth, from playing the violin for one year and then changing to the flute to initially wanting to be lawyers when we grew up. I even once, briefly, thought I might have a talent for drawing but my mother quickly snuffed that idea.

I worry she will make the same mistakes even though I haven't shared with her some of my most worst mistakes. (Some so bad, I can't even bring myself to list them here.)

People often mistake us for sisters. I'm not sure if I look younger than my age or she looks older than hers. After all, I was 21 when she was born. It's not like I was 15 or anything. Little princess has even been mistaken for Big Princess' daughter instead of little sister and they're only 7 years apart.

I hope she can save herself from making my same mistakes because everyone knows you can't save your kids from making their own mistakes.

She does show potential.

She arose early yesterday, 6:30 am (normal start time for her is around 8 am) to borrow my car to buy a balloon bouquet for a friend's birthday. She even called the store the night before to make sure she wouldn't have any problems getting them so early and to confirm how much cash she'd need. Well, she gets home and tells me the man there charged her $5 more than the quoted price and 2 of the balloons have already popped. She's pretty pissed (remember she's been up since 6:30). I told her to call the store and talk to a manager. I really expected her to say something about not wanting to go to the trouble. Sometimes she has her father's "it's easier to say nothing and just be pissed off" attitude. But she calls and calmly explains the situation. I'm standing by throwing out comments like, "You just give me the phone if he tries to blow you off." Then I hear her say, "No, I don't want all my money back. That just doesn't seem fair. What I do want is to pay the price I was originally quoted and to have the 2 balloons replaced."

"Mom, I need to borrow the car again."

It took me 3 decades to figure out what was fair to anyone but me.

Wow, great potential...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home