p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Why they do what they do

Why do those people stand in the road and hawk newspapers all day? They are out there, running between cars from early morning til early evening. Are people buying papers at 5 pm?

I know that newpaper routes don't pay much. We used to fill in for neighbors when they needed to go out of town. And they would pay us more than they would actually make just to get us to do it. I can't imagine making a living wage by selling papers in the street.

Who are these people? Are they homeless people trying to pull themselves up by their bootstraps? I don't even know if they are employed by the newspaper or some company exploiting the uneducated. Big princess said they should hire girls in bikini's like the hotdog girls who wear thongs in Florida while selling hotdogs on street corners. "That's how you would sell a lot of newspapers." Ahhh, no thanks. I see enough stuff to make me ill all ready. No need to add girls in thongs hawking newspapers in the street.

I'm already worried that some poor person is going to be run over. I can almost guarantee it if thong clad girls start selling our papers. Besides, I don't want to buy my newspaper from someone with ink on their ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home