p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, November 01, 2004

I'm Bitter

People are all the time asking me to do stuff, take care of things, organize, set up, be in charge but then they ignore what they’ve asked me to do. I’m still miffed about all the people not showing up for Big princess’ coronation. It might not have been a big deal to them but it was huge for her. I have attended their baby showers, weddings, baptisms, children’s birthdays and graduations, their housewarmings, Tupperware parties because I am their friend and it was important to them.

Saturday morning after a long hard week, the girls and I went up to the church to fulfill a dead woman’s last request, that her canning jars be put to good use. I bought snacks and sent reminders. I talked to people individually. Not one single person showed up or even called. I told Big princess that I hoped to God no one told me they were sorry they missed it the next day because I thought I might blow up.

The week had been full of disappointment, not that Big princess didn’t make Queen but that people had let us down. People I thought of as family didn’t show up to support her. Hell, her best friends stayed home and asked her to call them when it was over and tell them how she did. Could they not get off their ass? Then the boy who was supposed to take her to the dance called 2 days before the dance to say he was going to work instead. Saturday’s canning fiasco was another stab in the back.

I don’t want to attend another event. I definitely don’t want to plan any more events. They make me doubt myself and my likeability factor. Maybe these people just don’t like me. Maybe I’m not a good person.

I feel bitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home