p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, November 15, 2004

Weather Report

It’s grey and foggy today. I look out my fourth floor window and see nothing. It’s funny because I look into the bag of “what I have left to give” and it’s grey and foggy too. I can’t tell if it’s empty or not.

My pastor found me in the kitchen after services. I was trying to clear the bulletin board so I could put up the “Adopt a Family” angels. I had already filled in for the toddler Sunday school teacher who was filling in for me on my Sunday school kids’ camp out, greeted guests, clarified several ongoing projects with people, and made plans for the women’s wrap party. I didn’t have the supplies or the help I needed. I knew the campers were due back any minute and after a weekend of camping in thunderstorms and chilly weather, little princess was going to want to get home pretty fast.

“I know you asked me not to include your name on the deacon list but…” I’d like to know just when ‘but’ became something to dread. “But your name kept coming up. We’d like you to pray about this and let us know.”

Do they know I’m no spiritual whiz? I probably learn more from my Sunday school kids than they learn from me. My only qualifications to teach the class at all is I’m a mom, I still like kids and I can follow the lesson plan that comes in the study guide that is picked by people smarter than me. Hell, part of the appeal of teaching my class is that I don’t have to attend the adult class where my stupidity shines through.

I checked the bag again to see if I have the strength to take on one more project. It’s grey and foggy. I think I’ll pray for clearer weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home