p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, March 28, 2005

Taking one in the kipper

Well for once I beat the cosmos.

Little princess felt better that night but hadn’t eaten anything. So she tried mashed potatoes (her favorite) and went off to bed. I thoroughly expected to get a good night’s sleep and send her off to school the next morning. Ha! Ha!

2:30 a.m. Deja vou I am awakened to moaning. No vomiting but she feels worse than yesterday. I get her settled back on the sofa and check on her in the morning. Nope, not gonna make it.

While I’m waiting for Big Daddy to get home so I can go to work, I decide to check her tonsils. YUCK, they’re huge. I’m just gonna call the doctor and see what he thinks. Of course he thinks she should come in, he does have a mortgage after all. Big Daddy doesn’t do doctors but he agrees to bring her to my office so I don’t have to back track to get her.

She arrives at my office at 3:30 pm and she seems fine, happy, well. I’m starting to get pissed off that she’s feeling better. “Now, I’m going to pay the doctor $20 bucks to tell me you’re fine?”

Well, tomorrow starts a three day Easter weekend. And as I always say, “Kids and Pets never have emergencies until the office is closed.” So we’re going anyway. Hey, I do get out of work early.

On the way there, little princess asks what the doctor can do to make her feel better. I tell her our long standing joke: “He’ll probably want to give you a shot in the butt with a 6” needle. Then you will forget what else was wrong because your butt will hurt so much!” Ha! Ha! We both laughed. (For the record neither child has ever had to have a shot in the butt.)

The doctor apparently wanted to start the three day weekend early as well because we were called right a way and didn’t even have to sit in the exam room but about 3 minutes. He comes in and I explain what’s been going on. He examines her and takes a strep culture. He comes back after a couple minutes. “Hey, she has strep throat. I’d like to give her a shot of antibiotics in the buttocks.”

We both start to stutter, “wwwhaaattt?”

So to wrap this up, we stayed home for 2 more days together and watched a butt load of movies. All the while listening to how much her butt hurt. How much her stubbed toe hurt almost as much as her butt. And how much everything hurt in comparison to how much her butt hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home