p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Even a rock can bleed

Big Princess received some funds from the local Lions Club for supplies for her Moldova trip. I know she's only been home a day but they had a meeting today and she leaves for college this weekend. So if she plans to ask them for support next year she needed to get in front of them today and update them on how their money was put to good use. She even managed to get a couple of rolls of film developed and I picked about 8 photos to take with us.

Its an early breakfast Lions Club with more women than you would imagine and ages probably 35 to 90. Big Princess doesn't like mornings and she's not overly fond of people over 30 years old but she understands the obligation she has. She didn't grumble too much as I reminded her that she probably ought to give a few minutes thought as to what she was going to say to the group.

She went before them and explained a little about the country and the orphans and the sad state of affairs at the orphanage. Then I asked her to tell them about some of the children.

My rock solid daughter began to talk and then burst into tears. She sobbed as she tried to finish telling them about two little girls. A woman came up and handed her a tissue. Big Princess pulled it together, thanked them for their support and came and sat beside me with her eyes downcast. I've never been more moved as a mother.

1 Comments:

Blogger punkest gurl said...

hmm i wish you'd hide this one somewhere where i can't read it.

September 7, 2005 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home