p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, August 12, 2005

Now where did I put that 400' Waterfall?

WHISKEYTOWN, Calif. (AP) - After years of rumors, park officials say they've recently discovered a 400-foot waterfall in a remote corner of northern California's Whiskeytown National Recreation Area.

The wildlife biologist credited with the find, Russ Weatherbee, says he became intrigued a couple of years ago after finding a map from the 1960's marked with a note reading "Whiskeytown falls." When he first went looking for the spot he didn't find anything, but tried again after looking at global imaging system maps. He says the initial map had been a mile off. The park superintendent says it's remarkable that such a spectacle should evade even park officials for nearly 40 years.

An effort is now under way to clear a trail to the newly found waterfall. It's expected to be finished by next summer.

(And who says there's nothing good left to discover?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home