p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, August 08, 2005

Little Princess gets her own room

Well, with Big Princess out of the country, Little Princess pushed for me to start the remodeling job. So we took 2 cats and 2 dogs in for shots, went to brunch at IHOP and hit the paint store. We had some squabbling over color choice but since I'm buying-I've got final say. And I'm not having any room in my house orange and purple or green and orange. She finally agreed to pink and purple but grumbled all the way home.

I made her clear everything out and do some of the prep work but she wanted to paint and I wasn't having it. I made a big enough mess on my own and I'm the neat one. (Does anyone know how to get dried paint out of carpet?) This weekend's goal was to get one and a half walls and trim done so we could reassemble the bunkbeds and thereby create lots of space. It was a lot of work and every bone in my body hurts. (Oh yeah, add 2 trips to the gym with Big Daddy and grocery shopping.)

Next weekend's goal--finish painting and (hopefully) get the desk assembled. That only leaves the closet doors, pictures and curtains. Oh, I forgot, the little school desk is going to be sanded and painted. Week 4's goal?

In the end, little princess is thrilled with the colors and says she will trust me in the future (yeah right) and she has effectively erased her Big sister from the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home