p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Just dreaming of what I'd like to be when I grow up...

I’d like to have my own restaurant but only serve lunch. I just don’t like regular early mornings and I really want to cut out of work by 3 pm every day and I’m not interested in working weekends either. But I enjoy feeding people so it seems like a good idea.

Yeah, I know how many restaurants fail and I do know enough about the business to know how hard you have to work. But I like the idea of the old fashioned lunch counter.

I’d serve a standard but rotating menu with a daily special.

Monday would be meatloaf but every Monday would be a different type of meatloaf. I do have 20+ different recipes for meatloaf (Stuffed, Pizza, Mexican, & BBQ meatloaf being just a few of my specialties).

Tuesdays I’d make sandwiches the focus. With my special recipes for Dilled Cucumber Tuna and Pineapple Chicken Salad then all I need is a real Philly Cheese Steak sandwich and a hot roast beef dip to satisfy both men and women.

Wednesday is Soup Day. I make some fabulous potato soups and tomato bisque. Oh, and people rave over my chicken and noodles (little princess’ all time favorite food). Trust me, people who don’t even like soup will come on Wednesdays.

Thursday can be casserole day. Get that tuna casserole that you loved as a child or how about Shepherd’s Pie. Maybe you’d like Cheeseburger casserole or a lovely Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole.

Friday will be the best Lunch Special ever dreamed up. Every lunch plate comes with a free slice of pie. Yes, you heard right! Free pie! Carmel Apple, Pecan, Chess, Cherry, Strawberry, Peanutbutter Banana Cream, Shoofly and Dark Chocolate Moose pies will satisfy everyone’s palate. Oh, I almost forgot the pie my husband dreams about Raspberry Cream pie.

I’d have a suggestion box for new specials and the winners would receive free lunch on that Special’s Day. Customers would have regular seats they called their own and bring special friends on their birthdays.

What would I call it? “Mom’s” Then when someone asked you where you were going for lunch you’d just say, “I’m going to Mom’s”.

1 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

don't forget Wifi.

August 18, 2005 at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home