p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, August 05, 2005

Tweet no more my sweet

Well, little princess was crying her heart out as I left for work. For the second time this week her actions caused the death of my birds.

Wednesday night she left the door open and the cats ate one little guy, Kiwi. He was new and very young. We found only a couple of his green feathers. I was upset but atleast we managed to find Clyde. He was slightly mauled, all his tail feathers had been plucked and he was traumatized. I wasn't sure he would make it thru the night. I figured he might die of shock. But he was recovering.

You see, its only a slight miracle that he has lived this long. It was probably his 5th time being stalked by the cats. Little princess (and sometimes Big Princess) just can't seem to close the door behind her. I really thought after Kiwi's death that she would remember, atleast for a while.

I awaken this morning to find the door open. I didn't even go in the room, I just woke little princess up. Sure enough,the cage was open and Clyde, my sweet little blue breasted singing bird will tweet no more.

Apparently birds only have five lives, while cats get seven. I know a cat which has about used his up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home