p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, September 16, 2005

And not a word was spoken, just the sounds of silence

This will be a hard post to write. It really deserves video but you work with what you have so bear with it.

So Big Daddy is working nights. Instead of coming home and going to bed while the house is quiet, he stays up all day until little princess gets home from school. He then sleeps from 4 pm to 10:30 pm.

This isn’t that bad, really. I no longer have to cook or watch 5 episodes of Law and Order every night. Little princess and I enjoy a light dinner and a quiet evening together. The problem is--I never get to go into the bedroom. Big Daddy always wakes up and it ain’t pretty.

I get home last night and want to change out of my business clothes into something more comfortable (like my PJ’s), eat a salad and watch the first episode of Survivor. (Ohmigod, Bobby Jon is back)

I turn the knob of the bedroom door like a teenager sneaking in after curfew. I walk on tip toe and s l o w l y take off my clothes. My dog, Davie (I can use his name, its not like anyone will stalk my dog) bulldozes the bedroom door open and I manage to catch it before it slams against the wall but my pants are around my legs and I fall, quietly. I get up, cursing silently, in my head, but my lips are moving and the dog is looking at me with his head cocked to the side like he’s trying to figure out why there’s no sound. So, I manage to get into my PJ’s and I’m ready to begin sneaking back out of my own bedroom.

Big Daddy hates it when the dog is in the bedroom with him because all the dog wants is to be where I am.

I begin the soundless trip to the door but Davie isn’t moving. I open the door carefully holding the turned knob so it won’t make a click as I shut it but the dog is now sitting on the floor just looking at me.

I make hand gestures urging him to exit the bedroom. He begins to come forward but stops and looks confused. I begin to make hand motions like we are in the jungle on a mission. I point to my eyes and then at him for him to watch me. I use my index and middle finger to motion him walking and then give the signal for “move out, this direction”. He seems to understand and passes by me into the hallway. I put my foot into his ass as he goes by just to speed him up.

I look up to see Big Daddy looking at me strangely. I salute him and quietly close the door, being careful not to let the latch click.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home