p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Friday, August 26, 2005

And day didn't end any better

Work was slow, the boss was out of town, and I needed to renew my drivers license but remember, I was having a bad hair day. In Texas you can renew your license for like 10 years without appearing in person. Your picture stays the same that whole time. But sooner or later you have to go down to DPS for an "in person" renewal. Its my turn.

You definitely want your hair to look good if you have to live with the picture for 10 years. So I thought, "I'll take an early lunch, get a quick wash & cut at the nearby salon and head to DPS. Nothing else had gone right so why did I expect this to?

The salon wasn't busy but only had 1 employee there. I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of the store in general. There was hair clippings all over, on the floor, all of the chairs, the glass shelves in front of each chair. There was no where to set my purse that wouldn’t get someone else’s hair on it. The stylist even used a hairbrush that was full of hair on me. The haircut is uneven. She had only to cut 2” off my long straight hair. She applied “Bedhead” which made my hair look greasy and unwashed and then just blow-dried it. It looked like a homeless person’s hair. (for the record I was at TGF) I ran home and tried as best I could to fix it and proceded to DPS.

I get in line to get a number. There are 200 people in the 1,000 sq feet of office space. 50 of them are ahead of me in line to get a number. I wait. And I wait. After 1 hour I still don't have a number but only 20 people are ahead of me now and I have to pee. Real Bad. I look around but I don't see anything that looks like the way to the bathroom. I start asking people around me.

"Theys ain't got no pubblic resterrooms and ifs you get outta line you gotta gotoda back ofs da line."

Are you shitting me!

I see someone that already has a number and ask how long they've been there. TWO AND A HALF HOURS! They are currently in the line to get the photo taken.

I said "screw this" and I left and went back to the office with my greasy hair.

The rest of the day sucked, but that's another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home