p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I always notice

Little princess is like a whole new person since Big Princess left for college. She is happy, charming, sweet. She rarely complains even though her chores have increased dramatically. She has to do the dishes every day now instead of every other day, she has to feed/water both dogs (something she has never had to do), she medicates my ferret every morning for me now and she cleans her room almost everyday. It’s a big difference from the old little princess.

I have wondered over the change. Is it due to her now being the center of attention? Is it because she has no one to argue with? Scream at? No one to blame? Does she keep her room neat and tidy because it is now her’s alone? (atleast until Big Princess comes home for the holidays). Is it because we have more time for her? Maybe its because she has grown up and matured.

I don’t know but it is a welcome relief after doing battle with her for so very long. I have told her how much her father and I appreciate her new attitude.

Don’t get me wrong, she has not become perfect. She still tries to get out of work, leaves her clothes in the bathroom and Saturday, I opened the kitchen cabinet to discover it full of soap bubbles.

Yes, soap bubbles! She didn’t rinse (or dry) the glasses before putting them away. And she loves to use about a ¼ of a bottle of dish soap every time she does dishes.

I always ask her the same thing:

“Did you think I wouldn’t notice?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home