p.s. I Love You

I may be funny to my friends but my family just thinks I'm strange.

Name:
Location: French Guiana

Monday, October 31, 2005

Tonight's the night

Little princess is jazzed about tick-or-treating tonight and it doesn't even matter its supposed to rain. When you're a surfer girl you can stand to get wet. She says on the plus side, a lot of other kids won't be out in the neighborhood and she'll get three times the candy. This is the first year Big Princess won't be going with us. I always told her she could trick-or-treat for as many years as she wanted, provided she was willing to go with her family. I wasn't going to allow her roving with a band of teenagers. So after 18 years her reign of dressing up is over. I asked if she was going at college and she said most people there believed you were in league with the devil if you even passed out candy.

Some of her best costumes were Pizza Hut Delivery Guy, she had a pizza box to collect the candy, the year both girls were hula dancers and I stuffed my bikini tops with socks for them both, the year Big Princess wore my Army BDU's and they fit!

A warning to those that pass out crappy candy, we know where you live and we remember! There's the guy on the corner that passes out generic soda cans that weigh down the candy bag and the lady that gives raisins and the house that gives re-cycled Easter candy with Sonic mints thrown in and all the rest of you that give unedibles like pencils or spider rings or that junk that comes in black and orange waxed paper. What is that crap?

To the few and far between that rock the candy bag with full sized candy bars, my daughter promises to retreive your trash cans when they blow down the street, personally deliver miss delivered Christmas cards, wave and shout hello everytime she sees you, not to thrown gum wrappers and other trash in your yard when the trash can is right there, and to shoo pooping dogs from your yard. All that for the price of a full sized candy bar.

My dog is going as spiderman and my ferret is going as a fairy princess. I'm just planning on being me....ohhhh scary!

1 Comments:

Blogger shockcat said...

that my dear, is a great opening to a chapter of the book you have yet to write. Happy halloween and hope all went well.

kyle

October 31, 2005 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home